Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I wanna be a Princess


My friends A and M have dress-up clothes that are princess dresses and Halloween dresses. I wanted those dresses when I saw them in Walmart. I couldn't get them because they were too small. I'm too big because my medicine makes me eat too much. My mommy tried to help me not eat too much but I would sneak food when she was sleeping. I wouldn't think if was bad or not til I finished then I felt bad. I felt sad that I could not wear the dress-up dresses, and that my friends could so ripped one of them so they couldn't wear it. It felt more fair that way. Later I felt bad. I talked to mommy and I know tearing m,y friends dress wasn't nice and it's not their fault the dress didn't fit.
Now I'm losing weight cuz I stopped taking one of medicines. I had too stop it because it wanted to make trouble for my liver. I feel happy, happy, happy that I'm losing weight. Mommy is nervous that I'm losing to much fastly. Now she makes me eat stuff!
I try to eat healthy foods every day.
My mommy and daddy call me "princess" everyday...but I still want the dresses....

These are LeBella's words. I give her whatever support she asks of me but I do not rewrite her words. By allowing her to tell you her story I am learning more and more how my daughter's mind processes everything she deals with. This knowledge is invaluable in helping her cope with Bipolar Disorder. This blog is also a strong representation of LeBella's progress. For a very long time she was ashamed of her disorder. She would hide from company while taking her meds and would shush me, red faced when I would take about anything bipolar related to others. Now she is ready to share with the world. It's a very big deal!
If you or a friend would like more information on pediatric bipolar disorder please visit my support group site at www.mykidsbipolarnowwhat.com.

4 comments:

  1. i call my daughter princess too lol ... Way to go on weightloss ... I hope you find a dress to match with your princess power! Maybe you can start with some princess accessories? Tiara, beautifull earrings, necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Princess you are already, at any weight!
    Thank you for sharing with us LeBella! When you share, you help everyone to be more understanding of other people who have difficulties and that makes the world a better place for everyone.
    I promise to stop by often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flybabyf,
    Why thank you! I love accessories too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved hearing this story.

    Do you know the famous fairytale called "The Princess and the Pea"? It was written a long, long time ago by someone called Hans Christian Andersen. He came from Denmark. Which is where I live :)

    It's a great story. It shows us that it's not what's on the outside - but on the inside - that makes you a true princess! :D

    ReplyDelete